EUROBODALLA ORCHID CLUB INC.
CWA Hall Moruya
Friday 7th July 9.00am to 4.00pm
Saturday 8th July 9.00am to 2.00pm
Sports & Leisure Centre Narooma
Friday 1st September from 9.00am to 4.00pm
Saturday 2nd September from 9.00am to 2.00pm
Grand Champion of the Show
Reserve Champion of the Show
Champion Cymbidium Hybrid over 90mm
Champion Cymbidium Hybrid 60mm to 90mm
Champion Cymbidium Hybrid under 60mm
Champion Australian Native Species Orchid
Champion Australian Native Hybrid Orchid
Champion Laeliinae Hybrid Orchid
Champion Paphiopedilum Hybrid Orchid
Champion Pleurothallidinae Hybrid Orchid
Champion Oncidiinae Hybrid Orchid
Champion Orchid Hybrid Not Elsewhere Specified
Champion Species Orchid
Champion Specimen Orchid
Champion Seedling Orchid
Champion Orchid exhibited by Novice
Champion Cymbidium Hybrid exhibited by Novice
Champion Species exhibited by Novice
Champion Any Other Orchid Hybrid exhibited by Novice
Most Successful Exhibitor (Open)
Most Successful Exhibitor (Novice)
Cymbidium over 90mm
Class 1 Best predominantly red or pink
Class 2 Best predominantly green
Class 3 Best predominantly white
Class 4 Best predominantly yellow
Class 5 Best pure colour
Class 6 Best any other colour or combination of colours
Cymbidium 60mm to 90mm
Class 7 Best predominantly red or pink
Class 8 Best predominantly green
Class 9 Best predominantly white
Class 10 Best predominantly yellow
Class 11 Best pure colour
Class 12 Best any other colour or combination of colours
Cymbidium under 60mm
Class 13 Best predominantly red or pink
Class 14 Best predominantly green
Class 15 Best predominantly white
Class 16 Best predominantly yellow
Class 17 Best pure colour
Class 18 Best any other colour or combination of colours
Other Cymbidium Categories
Class 19 Best Species cymbidium
Class 20 Best Seedling from classes 1 to 19
Class 21 Best Specimen from classes 1 to 19
Class 22 Best Novelty from classes 1 to 19
Australian Native Orchids
Class 23 Best Dendrobium kingianum
Class 24 Best Dendrobium speciosum
Class 25 Best Aust. Native Species or Hybrid under 15mm
Class 26 Best Dendrobium Hybrid red, pink or purple
Class 27 Best Dendrobium Hybrid yellow or green
Class 28 Best Dendrobium Hybrid any other colour
Class 29 Best other Australian Species (inc. terrestrial)
Class 30 Best other Australian Hybrid (inc. terrestrial)
Class 31 Best Seedling from classes 23 to 30
Class 32 Best Laeliinae Species
Class 33 Best Laeliinae over 110mm
Class 34 Best Laeliinae 70mm to 110mm
Class 35 Best Laeliinae under 70mm
Class 36 Best Seedling from classes 32 to 35
Class 37 Best Paphiopedilum Species
Class 38 Best Paphiopedilum Novelty or Primary Hybrid
Class 39 Best Maudie type Paphiopedilum
Class 40 Best Classical Paphiopedilum
Class 41 Best Seedling from classes 37 to 40
Class 42 Best Masdevallia or Dracula Species
Class 43 Best other Pleurothallidinae Species
Class 44 Best Masdevallia or Dracula Hybrid orange or red
Class 45 Best Masdevallia or Dracula Hybrid white or yellow
Class 46 Best Masdevallia or Dracula Hybrid any other colour or combination of colours
Class 47 Best other Pleurothallidinae Hybrid
Class 48 Best Seedling from classes 42 to 47
Class 49 Best Oncidiinae Species
Class 50 Best Oncidiinae Hybrid up to & including 90mm
Class 51 Best Oncidiinae Hybrid over 90mm
Class 52 Best Seedling from classes 49 to 51
Orchids Not Elsewhere Specified
Class 53 Best Dendrobium Species other than Aust. Native
Class 54 Best Dendrobium Hybrid other than Aust. Native
Class 55 Best Lycaste Hybrid
Class 56 Best Vandaceous Hybrid
Class 57 Best Species not included elsewhere
Class 58 Best Hybrid not included elsewhere
Class 59 Best Seedling from classes 53 to 58
Class 60 Best Dockrillia species
Class 61 Best Dockillia hybrid
Class 62 Best Seedling from classes 60 to 61
Class 70 Best Cymbidium Hybrid over 90mm
Class 71 Best Cymbidium Hybrid 60mm to 90mm
Class 72 Best Cymbidium Hybrid under 60mm
Class 73 Best Cymbidium Species
Class 74 Best Australian Native Species
Class 75 Best Australian Native Hybrid
Class 76 Best Laeliinae Hybrid
Class 77 Best Paphiopedilum Hybrid
Class 78 Best Pleurothallidinae Hybrid
Class 79 Best Oncidiinae Hybrid
Class 80 Best Vandaceous Hybrid
Class 81 Best Species not included elsewhere
Class 82 Best Hybrid not included elsewhere
Class 83 Best Seedling from classes 70 to 82
Class 84 Best Novelty from classes 70 to 72
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Part 1: ENTRY CONDITIONS
- Competition in the open section is open to any financial member of any orchid club or society to whom entry is free
- Entries are eligible for judging in one class only, except where stated in the schedule.
- All entries must be in show condition and free from pests and disease.
- All entries must be made on the official entry form, available from the Eurobodalla Orchid Club.
- All exhibits and exhibitors shall conform to the rules and the by-laws of this club and the Orchid Society of New South Wales Ltd, the judge’s decision will be final.
- Plants competing for prizes must have been owned and in the possession of the exhibitor for a minimum of six months.
- The show marshal and committee reserve the right to reject, remove or rearrange any exhibit without necessarily giving any reason for that action and to reclassify any plant, prior to judging.
- Entries will be received on the basis that the committee will take all reasonable care of the exhibits but shall not be liable for any loss, damage or destruction to the exhibits, and the exhibitor shall have no claim against the club or sponsors.
- Every exhibitor will be responsible for the correct labelling of their plants.
- An exhibitor shall not remove any exhibit before termination of the show without the permission of the show marshal.
- All exhibits must have the exhibitor’s number clearly displayed in the pot.
- All seedlings must be placed in their appropriate genera or colour classes with the appropriate sticker or ticket marked with “S” and placed in the pot. (Note. Mericlones are not seedlings)
- Champion Seedling is not to be considered for Grand Champion unless it has already won 1st place in its class.
- All novelty Cymbidiums must be placed in their appropriate genera or colour classes with the appropriate sticker or ticket marked with “N” and placed in the pot.
- Dockrillia hybrids will be included in Orchids Not Elsewhere Specified for purposes of awarding Champion Orchid not Elsewhere Specified.
- The Novice Section will be only open to Novice members of the Eurobodalla Orchid Club.
- All Novice exhibits must be benched in their respective classes or otherwise they will be judged as “OPEN” exhibits.
- All plants will be eligible for prizes. First and second will normally be awarded in each class. If, in the opinion of the judges, no exhibit in any class warrants a prize, none shall be given.
- No trophy is to be taken by a non-member of the Eurobodalla Orchid Club, trophy will remain at the club.
- At the discretion of the show marshal and/or judges, further prizes may be awarded.
- All entries must be phoned through to Ms J Swindley on 0244736963 between the hours of 10.00am and 8.00pm.WINTER SHOW on Monday 3rd July
SPRING SHOW on Monday 28th August
- All entries must be in the hands of the show marshal and placed in position ready for judging between the hours of 3.00pm and 5.00pm ON THE DAY PRECEDING THE OPENING OF THE SHOW. WINTER SHOW on Thursday 6th July. SPRING SHOW on Thursday 31st August
- The show marshal may exercise discretion regarding the acceptance of late entries.
Part 2: DEFINITIONS
- ‘Seedling’ shall mean the complete plant grown
from seed and flowering for the first time. For exhibition purposes, seedling will only retain their status of
‘seedling’ for the duration of the first flowering raceme. Species are now included as long as they meet
the above requirements. Mericlones will not be classed as seedlings.
- The Oncidiinae Alliance includes: Ada, Aspasia, Braasiella, Brassia, Cochlioda, Comparettia, Cuitlauzina, Cyrtochilum, Gomesa, Gudrunia, Helcia, Hispaniella, Ionopsis, Lagerara, Lemboglossum, Leochilus, Lockhartia, Macradenia, Macroclinium, Mesoglossum, Mesospinidium, Mexicoa, Miltonia, Miltoniopsis, Notylia, Odontioda, Odontoglossum, Odontonia, Oncidium, Osmoglossum, Otoglossum , Psygmorchis, Psychopsis, Rodriguezia, Rossioglossum, Sigmatostalix, Symphoglossum, Ticoglossum, Tolumnia, Trichopilia, Vuylstekeara and their hybrids.
- The Vandeae Alliance includes: Acampe, Aerangis, Aeranthes, Aerides,
Amesiella, Ancistrorhynchus, Angraecopsis, Arachnis, Ascocentrum, Ascoglossum,
Bolusiella, Calyptrochilum, Chamaeangis, Chiloschista, Cleisostoma, Cribbia,
Cryptopus, Dendrophylax, Diaphananthe, Dimorphorchis, Doritis, Dyakia,
Esmeralda, Euanthe, Eurychone, Gastrochilus, Grosourdya, Haraella,
Holcoglossum, Jumella, Kingidium, Listrostachys, Luisia, Micropera,
Microterangis, Mystacidium, Neobathiea, Neofinetia, Oeonia, Papilionanthe,
Paraphalaenopsis, Phalaenopsis, Plectrelminthus, Podangis, Pomatocalpa,
Taeniophyllum, Thrixspermum, Trichoglottis, Tridactyle, Trudelia, Vanda,
Vandopsis, Ypsilopus and their hybrids.
- The Pleurothallid Alliance includes: Barbosella, Barbrodria, Cryptophoranthus,
Dracula, Dresslerella, Dryadella, Lepanthes, Lepanthopsis, Masdevallia,
Octomeria, Physosiphon, Platystele, Pleurothallis, Porroglossum,
Restrepia, Restrepiella, Sarracenella,
Scaphosepalum, Stelis, Trichosalpinx, Trisetella, Zootrophion and their
- The Laeliinae Alliance includes: Barkeria, Brassavola, Broughtonia, Caularthron,
Cattleya, Cattleyopsis, Dimerandra, Dinema, Domingoa, Epidendrum, Encyclia, Guarianthe,
Hagsatera, Hexisea, Isabelia, Isochilus, Jacquiniella, Kalopternix, Laelia,
Laeliopsis, Lanium, Leptotes, Mormolyca, Nageliella, Nanodes, Neolauchea,
Noelehmannia, Nindema, Oerstedella, Potinara, Rhyncholaelia,Rhyncattleanthe,
Scaphyglottis, Schomburgkia, Sophronitis, Sophronitella, Tetramicra,
Thwaitesara and their hybrids.
- The term ‘specimen’ refers to a mature plant exhibiting multiple racemes of flowers (four or more).
- The term ‘Novelty’ is defined as having dominant features of peloric, spotted, striped, feathered or variegated flowers.
Part 3: SALES TABLE
The Club show sales table will only operate during the times of the show.
- All orchids placed for sale on the Club sales table must conform to rule 21 of the Club Rules for Members.
- Part a. Of those rules state “Only well established pest and disease free plants may be offered: the committee reserves the right to reject plants without giving a reason”
- No plant is to be offered for sale from the show bench during the period of the show.
- Club sale plants can only be placed on the sales table during the open hours of the Show